Monday, December 26, 2005

"Sylvia" on Christmas Day Television

I thought this was a marvellous showcase for the Royal Ballet - and at a prime time slot on Christmas Day.

Both the ballet itself and the production looked splendid on the small screen. Indeed I think I enjoyed this more than when I saw the production at the ROH last season.

All the dancers were excellent. The bravura (rather than subtle) leading roles suited Busell and Bolle perfectly. Indeed he was the epitome of the handsome hunk, and what about those leaps! Not to mention those shoulders! And those legs!

Thiago Soares gave another memorable dramatic performance as Orion. I am looking forward to seeing him in a ballet in which he is not the 'baddy'.

I really enjoyed Bussell's commentary and introductions and the backstage shots brought the whole thing excellently to life.

A marvelllous afternoon's viewing and an excellent advert for the Royal Ballet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home